Friday, November 22, 2013

Organic Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies

So Easy!



I loved when my mom would make these kind of cookies when I was growing up, but somehow I never got the recipe when I started baking on my own and I never made them. Then, when I started this quest to eat healthier and use organic and Non GMO ingredients, I thought that I would have to give up all of my favorite treats. Needless to say, I am so happy to find recipes that I can make that are quite similar to my familiar favorites and still be able to use my newly favored ingredients.

This recipe uses fresh ground peanut butter. I discussed the awesomeness of that in the post for peanut butter cookies.

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Hormone Free Butter (1 stick)
1 Cup Organic Sugar
4 Tbsp Organic Non GMO Cocoa
1/2 Cup Almond Milk
3 Cups Organic Oats (not quick)
1 Cup Fresh Ground Peanut Butter
1 Tsp Organic Vanilla Extract


Getting Ready:


  1. Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper, or just put out 3 of the papers about the size of cookie sheet onto the counter 
  2. Spoon peanut butter into one cup with spatula and set aside
  3. Put butter into large pot and cook at medium heat to melt
  4. Get out all other ingredients so that you are ready to put them in 

Directions:


  1. Add into melted butter, sugar, almond milk, and cocoa
  2. Stir constantly until it boils and then boil for about 1 minute
  3. Remove pot from heat and mix in 1 cup of oats at a time 
  4. Add vanilla and peanut butter and stir until well mixed
  5. Drop spoonfuls onto the wax paper
  6. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes to harden into cookies

Makes about 38 cookies depending on size



I was so excited, they taste just about like my mom's! (Nothing ever really tastes just like hers unless she is here to make it. I haven't quite figured that out.)



No comments:

Post a Comment